Our cosmetology courses feature cosmetology training in design, cutting, coloring, multicultural techniques, makeup, fashion trends, manicuring, pedicuring, basic facials, and the art of hairdressing in a three-phase program we call Core, Adaptive, and Creative. With an education built from the ground up, we train you to understand the basics, and enable you to utilize your natural talents. At The San Francisco Institute of Esthetics and Cosmetology, A Paul Mitchell Partner School, you will create a career centered on what you are most passionate about.
Learn the rules!
In this introductory phase of cosmetology courses, you'll learn the core foundations that will let you confidently begin working in guest services, gaining experience that will prove invaluable upon graduation. Our Learning Leaders are there to assist you every step of the way, helping you blend professional skills with personal development and demonstrating the importance of a strong commitment to the community.
Apply the rules!
Building on the skills you learned in Core beauty training, this intermediate level teaches the value of time management, retailing, and the art of successful communication. It is the unparalleled curriculum of our cosmetology courses and focus on the business side of the beauty industry that sets Paul Mitchell apart.
Expand the rules!
This final phase takes you through advanced hairdressing and chemical work. During your last months and weeks toward graduation, you'll spend your time in high gear, preparing yourself for your future salon career, meeting with salons and attending career fairs. After graduation, our Learning Leaders will still be there to help you, offering you support whenever you need it.
A career in cosmetology will provide you with the professional control and opportunities you've always wanted. Don't wait! Get started today!
Student Educational Materials
- Cutting System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-2-6, $300.00
- Cutting System Cutting Cards, ISBN N/A, $10.00
- The Cutting Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-4-0, $32.00
- Color System DVD Box Set, ISBN 978-0-9743205-1-9, $300.00
- The Coloring Book, ISBN 978-0-9743205-3-3, $26.00
- Color System Skill Cards, ISBN N/A, $14.50
- Paul Mitchell Product Guide Workbook, ISBN N/A, $2.50
- Connecting to My Future Book, ISBN 0-9743205-0-1, $19.95
- Be Nice (Or Else!) Book, ISBN-13: 978-0-974-993-99-7, $23.95
- Behind the Bottle CD, ISBN N/A $3.00
- Multiple Intelligence Letter
- Success for the Modern Salon CD, $40.00
- Service Menu Experience, ISBN N/A, $N/A
- 1 Plugged In thumb drive, Plugged In membership, and MASTERS Audio Club subscription throughout enrollment (minimum 1 year), ISBN N/A, $30.00
- 1 Color paper swatch chart
- 1 PM Shines paper swatch chart
- 1 Blonding Brochure 2012
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Textbook, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5930-2 (Hardcover), $104.95
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Theory Workbook. ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5923-4, $44.95
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology 2012 Exam Review, ISBN-13: 978-1-4390-5921-0, $33.95
San Francisco Institute of Esthetics & Cosmetology San Francisco CA is accredited by NACCAS and uses its calculation for student placement based on each program offered. NACCAS shows that for the most recent annual reporting period that the program has a placement rate of 55/60 placed = 91.6%.
On-time completion is defined by the U.S. Department of Education as anyone who graduates within the normal completion time. When a student completes their graduation requirements, including all theory and practical assignments, and the required number of clock hours contracted for within their original contracted graduation date, that student is considered to have graduated on-time. If a student delays their graduation for any reason, such as family responsibilities, day care issues, and other life events, which causes them to graduate after their original contract end date they are not considered an on-time graduate. Please note that our graduation rates that are provided in the school catalog are based on how many students started the program and how many completed within the reporting period. The on-time graduation rate is 36/67 graduated on-time = 54%.Placement Rate: 55/60 placed = 91.6%
Supplies, Kit and Tuition Costs
Download/View Cosmetology Course Outline
Estimate your Tuition (Net Price Calculator)
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
ADA Disability Policy
Disability Verification Packet
Class Start Dates
- 7/9/2013 (daytime)
- 9/3/2013 (daytime)
- 10/1/2013 (evening)
- 10/29/2013 (daytime)
- 1/7/2014 (daytime)
- 3/4/2014 (daytime)
- 4/22/2014 (evening)
- 4/29/2014 (daytime)
- 7/8/2014 (daytime)
- 9/2/2014 (daytime)
- 10/14/2014 (evening)
- 10/28/2014 (daytime)
- 1/6/2015 (daytime)